The goal of the Town of Youngsville’s Residential Traffic Calming Policy is to create safe neighborhoods, decrease collisions, decrease speeding, and improve the quality of life of our residents. This Policy guides Town Staff and informs residents about the process of implementing traffic calming in residential areas. This policy is intended for residential areas only and will not eliminate all incidents of speeding.
Traffic Calming QualificationOnly streets and local roadways maintained by the Town of Youngsville and are covered under this policy. Local Roadways are neighborhood and subdivision streets with direct residential driveway access that do not carry significant volumes of traffic.
Traffic Calming Warrants
The following warrants must be met in order to qualify for Traffic Calming consideration:
- The posted speed limit is no greater than 35 mph
- The roadway cannot be more than two travel lanes or have a width of more than 40 feet ? 25% of the traffic on the street must exceed the posted speed limit by more than 10 mph, as determined from field analysis
- The applicant has provided documentation of at least two Neighborhood Awareness Campaign
- Residents must live on the specific street of concern
- Traffic volume on the affected street is less than 4,000 vehicles per day ? The route cannot be a primary route for Emergency Services
Traffic Calming Submission
Please read the Traffic Calming Policy in its entirety. If all warrants for traffic calming measures have been met, please submit the Traffic Calming Request Form and all supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. For questions on the Traffic Calming qualifying process, feel free to call Lucy Garcia | Planning Specialist, at 919-925-3401 #3.